Building Envelope Inspections
High Rise Building Inspection
When signs of failures or issues arise related to the envelope of a building, the first step is to Inspect the building envelope and define the scope of the issue and work on alternative solutions. Far before a building envelope restoration project begins, a complete professional non destructive inspection needs to be performed. Sky-Side have specialized professional personal to get into all non accessible part of your building and check for:
- Concrete delaminating
- Masonry inspection checking for loose or spalling materials or misalignment, erosion or corrosion, weather damage and structural faults
- Crack stitching
- Waterproofing failures,
- Sgn of material failures,
- Caulking/sealant aged,
- Coating failure,
- Flashing and pipe/duct penetrations
- Signs of water penetration, etc
Our inspections are fully documented with pictures and videos. We provide you the documented data for your dealings with strata members, property managers, insurance companies, building managers. Our inspections can be partial or for the entire envelope to locate and document the problem areas in need repair or restoration.
After our report you can decide to hire any contractor or construction management company or hire us to do the design of engineering/architectural solutions or the repairs and restoration.
Property managers and owners come to us for solutions to problems concerning roofs, windows, walls and facades, including parking garages, decks and building envelope issues. We help them work with the:
- Studies and evaluations;
- Project design and specifications;
- Project oversight and management;
- Expert witness testimony
- Repairs and Restoration and regular Maintenance.
Please see our construction services on this website with the link “Construction Services” at the left side.
We also provide forensic and expert witness services, and preventative maintenance programs. Our clients include private sector commercial and institution users, as well as federal, state, and municipal agencies.
Established in 2004, Sky-Side provides engineering and construction services related to Building Envelope & coatings for new or existing buildings. For existing building we offer services for the inspection of buildings envelope or facade, engineered solutions to issues, repair, renovation, application of elastomeric coatings, pedestrian traffic coatings, vehicular traffic coatings, epoxy coatings, and waterproofing coatings. Our services for new buildings include building enclosure design and consulting. Elastomeric coating / painting of building envelope, application of liquid waterproofing to eyebrows, traffic coating on balconies and rooms, traffic coating on parkades, epoxy coatings, application of energy efficient systems and application of self sustain building systems.
Our Building Envelope Design and Consulting Group investigates, evaluates, designs / engineer repair solutions and provides construction / repairs work to all exterior building envelope components including roofs, walls, windows/glazing, caulking, coating and waterproofing. We specialize in all issues related to material deterioration, moisture intrusion and assist owners in the process of inspecting no accessible areas of the building envelope or façade, design solutions to specific issues, repairs and restoration. We help as well architectural firms and clients with peer review consulting on new construction projects. We also provide forensic and expert witness services, and preventative maintenance programs. Our clients include private sector commercial and institution users, as well municipal agencies.
Our business is permanently updating. Building envelope systems as well as coating material and techniques are constantly evolving in search of better performance, less cost, and more elegant appearance. This makes the design, procurement and construction of the building envelope a highly technical and complex process for which the demands of a building envelope specialist’s knowledge are needed. Next to the structure, building envelope construction is often considered to be the highest risk of any project.
On the engineering side of our business we provide services including but not limited to:
- Inspection of buildings envelope / facades, roof, wall, window/glazing, sealant, coatings, concrete failures and waterproofing issues.
- Evaluations and investigation of failures and design solutions.
- Structural engineering related to building enclosure renovations and repairs.
- Construction phase assistance
- Building enclosure management and maintenance programs
- Building envelope inspections
- Commissioning on new construction and renovations pertaining to air and moisture control, vapor drive, thermal insulation, (infrared test) and related exterior enclosure issues.
- Concrete restoration, repair, protection, and structural strengthening
- Green roof coverings and photovoltaic systems
- Forensic evaluations related to premature failure of construction assemblies
- Design of energy efficient systems
- Design of self sustained buildings
On the Construction side of our business we provide services including but not limited to:
- Traffic coatings, vehicular or pedestrian
- Epoxy coatings
- Elastomeric coatings
- Exterior painting on high rise buildings (highrise no accessible areas)
- Caulking and sealant restoration and application in new or existing construction
- Concrete repairs on building envelope
- Full restoration of building envelopes
- Application of waterproofing coatings for tanks, pools, water features,
Our service areas in BC includes: Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Deep cove, Horse Shoe Bay, Squamish, Whistler, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Mission, Surrey, Richmond, BC, White rock, Boundary Bay, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Pit Meadows, Victoria, Nanaimo, and all other cities in BC Canada.