Sky-Side is an experienced caulking / sealant applicator in the lower mainland of BC. We are particularly experienced on application of sealant or caulking on highrise building reveals and in unaccessible areas.
We offer from a five to ten year warranty on our products and labor depending on the sealant or caulking material selected.
Our applicators are experienced and trained in the use of bosumchair, swingstage and boom equipment. For our team there is no unaccessible areas.
There are many caulking and sealand manufacturers and hundred of products designed for different applications and use. Products are selected depending on the material(s) to be caulked, the requirements for flexibility, use, environmental conditions and the coatings and painting to be applied. Our teams have the professional experience to suggest the best product for your project. If you need advice call and allow us to evaluate your project and need.
Our experience in caulking or sealing around joints of different materials, cold structural joints on concrete structures, structural reveal joints; caulking around windows, doors and building elements.
Established in 2004, Sky-Side provides engineering and construction services related to Building Envelope & coatings for new or existing buildings. For existing building we offer services for the inspection of buildings envelope or facade, engineered solutions to issues, repair, renovation, application of elastomeric coatings, pedestrian traffic coatings, vehicular traffic coatings, epoxy coatings, and waterproofing coatings. Our services for new buildings include building enclosure design and consulting. Elastomeric coating / painting of building envelope, application of liquid waterproofing to eyebrows, traffic coating on balconies and rooms, traffic coating on parkades, epoxy coatings, application of energy efficient systems and application of self sustain building systems.
Our Building Envelope Design and Consulting Group investigates, evaluates, designs / engineer repair solutions and provides construction / repairs work to all exterior building envelope components including roofs, walls, windows/glazing, caulking, coating and waterproofing. We specialize in all issues related to material deterioration, moisture intrusion and assist owners in the process of inspecting no accessible areas of the building envelope or façade, design solutions to specific issues, repairs and restoration. We help as well architectural firms and clients with peer review consulting on new construction projects. We also provide forensic and expert witness services, and preventative maintenance programs. Our clients include private sector commercial and institution users, as well municipal agencies.
Our business is permanently updating. Building envelope systems as well as coating material and techniques are constantly evolving in search of better performance, less cost, and more elegant appearance. This makes the design, procurement and construction of the building envelope a highly technical and complex process for which the demands of a building envelope specialist’s knowledge are needed. Next to the structure, building envelope construction is often considered to be the highest risk of any project.
On the engineering side of our business we provide services including but not limited to:
- Inspection of buildings envelope / facades, roof, wall, window/glazing, sealant, coatings, concrete failures and waterproofing issues.
- Evaluations and investigation of failures and design solutions.
- Structural engineering related to building enclosure renovations and repairs.
- Construction phase assistance
- Building enclosure management and maintenance programs
- Building envelope inspections
- Commissioning on new construction and renovations pertaining to air and moisture control, vapor drive, thermal insulation, (infrared test) and related exterior enclosure issues.
- Concrete restoration, repair, protection, and structural strengthening
- Green roof coverings and photovoltaic systems
- Forensic evaluations related to premature failure of construction assemblies
- Design of energy efficient systems
- Design of self sustained buildings
On the Construction side of our business we provide services including but not limited to:
- Traffic coatings, vehicular or pedestrian
- Epoxy coatings
- Elastomeric coatings
- Exterior painting on high rise buildings (highrise no accessible areas)
- Caulking and sealant restoration and application in new or existing construction
- Concrete repairs on building envelope
- Full restoration of building envelopes
- Application of waterproofing coatings for tanks, pools, water features,
Our service areas in BC includes: Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Deep cove, Horse Shoe Bay, Squamish, Whistler, Port Moody, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Mission, Surrey, Richmond, BC, White rock, Boundary Bay, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Pit Meadows, Victoria, Nanaimo, and all other cities in BC Canada.